Completed transfer (multi) question

From: Tarendash, David <David.Tarendash_at_gs.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:17:19 -0400

Hi all,

Ive searched the mailing list archives, rtfm and google searches and am
humbly sorry if this is a repeated question. I'm having difficulty with the
mutli interface and determining if a specific handle has completed the
transfer.

I noticed from all the examples on the net, curl_multi_perform() is enclosed
in a while loop. I would prefer to not do this as that could potentially
block too long for the rest of my app.

In my WRITECALLBACK function, I append to the 'read' buffers all that has
been read. I also have a pointer to that specific easy handle. Is there a
way I can query that handle for the status of the transfer? I read the man
page on curl_multi_info_read() but am bothered by a specific phrase.
"Repeated calls to this function will return a new struct each time, until a
NULL is returned as a signal that there is no more to get at this point."
Here is my scenario. I have say, 25 simultaneous transfers ongoing. I
called multi_perform() and am now in my WRITECALLBACK function. I don't
want to filter through structs from multi_info_read(), because I might lose
information on a different handle (if I don't save them). I only want the
status of THIS handle. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance,

David Tarendash