Re: CMake scripts (was: Build using CMake)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 00:14:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:

> I suggest now that either tetest or anyone having interest in those scripts
> to start reviewing them and working on them.

Some things I noticed when I tried it:

- the gcc command line use neither -g nor any -O options. As a developer, I
   also treasure our configure scripts's --enable-debug option that sets a long
   range of "picky" compiler options.

- The output .so file lacks the soname number which we currently have within
   the lib/Makefile.am file. Possibly we should make that in a separate file
   somehow to allow both build systems to get it. Any ideas?

- The cmake build selected to run gcc with -fPIC on my box while the plain
   configure script did not.

BTW, does this only build a shared version of the lib?

(I didn't actually try using the output yet.)