Patch to add TLS 1.1 and 1.2 support & replace deprecated functions in SecureTransport

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:56:19 -0600

Hi:

Apple recently released OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and made a number of changes to SecureTransport, adding TLS 1.1 and 1.2 support while deprecating a number of functions, several of which we were using (d'oh!). I've attached a patch that does the following if the builder is using Mountain Lion or iOS 5 or later:

1. Turns on support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2.
2. Uses the new functions instead of the deprecated ones.
3. If the user is using an older cat, and curl/libcurl was built with an older deployment target, then we fall back on the pre-Mountain Lion functions, preserving backward compatibility.
4. Prints out the SSL or TLS version in use in the verbose log.
5. Corrects a compiler warning that started getting raised by Mountain Lion's compiler.

If the builder is using an older cat, then the new stuff won't be built. So builders can build under Mountain Lion while setting the deployment target to, say, Snow Leopard, and sacrifice nothing.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>