curl Windows build and setenv command

From: Kees Dekker <Kees.Dekker_at_infor.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 15:57:05 +0000

Hi,

In https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/winbuild/BUILD.WINDOWS.txt something is told about setenv, however, recent Windows versions do not have a setenv command and neither has the Visual Studio command prompt (I'm using Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10 and/or Windows Server 2012 or 2016) has it.
Q1: Is this a typo? Does Windows really have a setenv command? I'm only aware of a set command (to set environment variable). Where is setenv on a (default) Windows system?

In addition to previous question:
Q2: What kind of build on Windows is preferred? The on in winbuild or the project/solution files under the projects\Windows directory?

Background: my goal is to figure out whether I can address the issues as reported on https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/1201.
Currently, I'm using an own variant from the winbuild stuff (curl 7.57, with openSSL 1.1.0g, latest zlib and libssh2 libraries).

Regards,
Kees