Re: Regarding Async DNS resolver

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 17:32:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019, Amit wrote:

> I have added the changes under compile time switch (HAVE_SOCKET) to fix
> compilation on Windows.

I think you meant HAVE_SOCKETPAIR ?

But also, you reintroduced several of the code style fixes. I propose you run
'make checksrc' to have the build point out some of the code style nits.

Can you please submit this is a PR instead? That's the preferred way to submit
changes as it will test and verify your changes before merge etc.

> I have done the changes only for HAVE_GETADDRINFO. Let me know if you would
> like me to consider the use-case of gethostbyname_thread as well ?

I don't consider that a requirement, but more of a bonus point thing. If
you're up to it, it would certainly make the fix even better but there should
be a rather small amount of users on that code path these days.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me