Cookie storage customization?

From: Isaac Jurado via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:40:34 +0200

Hello,

I believe this has been requested in the past, but I'm unable to find
anything by searching the archives. Is there any interest in
"generalizing" the cookies storage in libcurl? Right now, the cookie jar
is a plain text file. While it's very portable, alternative back ends
could also be interesting.

I'm aware that the cookie jar is not mandatory and custom cookie storage
could be implemented with ease. However, some certain amount of logic,
that libcurl already provides, would have to be replicated. Mainly cookie
parsing/filtering and redirections.

Therefore, my real question would be: is there any chance for a
contribution that adds new callbacks, to store and retrieve cookies instead
of reading/writing the cookie jar, to be accepted in libcurl?

Thank you for your attention.

--
Isaac Jurado
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding"