Re: undefined symbol: curl_multi_poll

From: Samuel Colque Flores via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 18:50:26 -0400

I ran into the same problem. My problem arose when the link to libssl
seemed broken in the output of `make test' (before install).

I did not stop and the output I got after install:
$ sudo make install
$ curl --version
curl: symbol lookup error: curl: undefined symbol: curl_multi_poll

It's worth to point out that the executable
`/usr/local/bin/curl-config' works independently of
`/usr/local/bin/curl', so, this is how I configured curl:
$ `curl-config --configure'
 '--with-openssl' '--with-libssh2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib'

1. I visited the following link:
`https://mysiar.github.io/devops/2020/04/23/curl-from-src.html'. Then,
I suspected that the links to libssl appear unknown to ld.so(8). I
needed to run ldconfig(8). Actually, ld.so(8) was unable to find
libcurl.so.4. So I followed the step:
$ sudo ldconfig
$ curl --version
curl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.3: cannot open

2. After reading the man pages of ldconfig(8), I realized that
libraries under /usr/local/lib64 were not found by ld.so(8). My thanks
to GOD.
$ sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib64
$ curl --version
curl 7.80.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.80.0 OpenSSL/3.0.0
zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.10.0
Release-Date: 2021-11-10
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher gophers http https imap imaps
mqtt pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: alt-svc AsynchDNS HSTS HTTPS-proxy IPv6 Largefile libz NTLM
NTLM_WB SSL TLS-SRP UnixSockets

Your problem might have been resolved at step 1.

The comment of Dan Fandrich about setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable was the main cue in solving this problem.

GOD bless you all.