Re: How to handle CA certificate bundles in portable application bundles (e.g., AppImages)?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:00:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 May 2022, Timothe Litt wrote:

> Not clear why we need the CURL *handle to get just the (built-in) default
> strings.  The handle is ignored for these INFO codes, right?

curl_easy_getinfo() already exists and it works like this. I don't want to
introduce a whole new function just for these and even if the easy handle
doesn't mean anything for this use case, I don't want to complicated matters
by documenting this exception.

> OTOH, if something was set for a handle by the user, it would be nice to get
> that - e.g. for the "generate C code" or "generate curl command" APIs.
> That's what I meant by "current bundle path for a handle".  You could do both
> with one INFO code per string.

We don't offer get methods for any other setopt, and I don't think we should
start doing it now. Applications can easily just "remember" what they set
options to on their own if they need that ability.