Re: Follow REUSE best practices for licensing/copyright

From: Max Mehl via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 15:13:35 +0200

~ Max Mehl via curl-library [2022-05-17 12:23 +0200]:
> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/8869

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, information to some specific
licenses, and asked relevant questions, this pull request got merged
today by Daniel!

The REUSE check is already part of the Github Workflow so I think the
status will be quite easy to maintain. From my perspective, only two
things could be left to do:

1. Documentation: is there an onboarding document or so for new
   contributors where the licensing/copyright shall be explained, and
   what this REUSE check means?

2. REUSE badge: I invite curl to register with the REUSE API and get a
   badge to be added to the README to demonstrate that you care about
   proper licensing and copyright communication. It's only a matter of
   max. 3 minutes: https://api.reuse.software/register

I will stay subscribed to this list for at least some more weeks.
However, if you ever need help with REUSE or have more general licensing
questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks!

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager -- Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl -- _at_mxmehl