libcurl results in 403 when command-line curl works fine

From: Bob Sorrells via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 18:24:55 +0000

Hello,

I am working on a payment API that requires "Authentication: Bearer" authentication. My libcurl code to retrieve the bearer token is working fine. The token is passed to the header of an API call that submits a payment. The API is running on AWS. I am sending the request via a proxy server.

I have a command-line version of the libcurl that is working just fine. However, my C implementation is reliably generating a 403 Forbidden.

In my C implementation I have installed the "standard" debug.c machinery to match the "--trace-ascii" output from the curl executable. I have put the traces up side-by-side with the Beyond Compare tool and I see only one notable difference, which looks like the attached. I apologize for the image, but it was the only way I could include pertinent information while redacting sensitive material.

I'm missing SOMETHING and I'm hoping it's simple.

Bob Sorrells
Software Engineer/Software Developer
AT&T Entertainment Group (AEG), DirecTV Account
(314) 212-7692 (office)
This email and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs Email Terms of Service, which you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service>