Adding a new --option to the tool

From: Florents Tselai via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:11:14 +0300

Hello,

Is there any documentation / how to on the process I’d need to follow to add a new option to the tool ?
Particularly the sequence of files / function / macros I’d need to

I’m trying to $subject and I’m having trouble getting the process right.

Specifically I’m working on a new - - warc-file flag which should be similar to —outputt or —etag-save .

So far I’ve gotten the flag appear as an option, but once I try using it I get

./curl --warc-file sdfg https://example <https://example/>.com
curl: missing URL before --next curl:
option --warc-file: is badly used here

For reference you could check the last commit here https://github.com/Florents-Tselai/curl/commit/d6ce0b1a0c619f8df1fb61a2638848d25e2aab75