Re: Getting a list of easy handles in a multi handle - possible?

From: Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:21:47 +0000

Yes, but I would argue that a simple approach like multi-option clearing all easy handles when it is cleared has its own merits to be considered.
This was the main reason why the iterating over easy handles was requested, and I didn't find any other useful use cases even in the 2016 request that were useful to many people.

If there were such cases, then I think that the requests for easy handle iterating API would pop up much more frequently than just once in seven years.

The iterating API is a good thing for all the other use cases, but using it for freeing easy handles when multi handle is cleaned up as the most frequently used and needed use case,
seems like an overkill to me.

I am not against such API in general if someone wants to use for something else besides freeing easy handles.
But for freeing easy handles when multi handle is cleaned up, I think we should provide an easy and convenient way to do that, maybe in addition to the iterating API.

If freeing easy handles is the most targeted use case, then letting client code to set just one "free easy handle" multi-option in one line
is a much more attractive solution for client code than writing multi-line handle iterating code freeing the handles which needs testing and debugging in each individual client use case.

Thanks,
Dmitry Karpov