Re: curl_multi_perform creates new thread

From: Cristian Rodríguez via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:16:48 -0300

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 1:09 PM Anass Meskini via curl-library <
curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Thanks Dan for the clarification.
> I think it might be worth mentioning in the doc that this function might
> create a thread.
> Would setting CURLOPT_RESOLVE result in curl_multi_perform never creating
> a new thread?

No..
It will always involve either:

a) blocking behaviour until the name resolves, is it really what you want?
, for that use --disable-threaded-resolver
b) async name resolution , for that install c-ares and . --enable-ares
c) "something" creating a thread, either libcurl or possibly the C library
if you write a getaddrinfo_a backend.