Re: "getaddrinfo() thread failed to start" under heavy load

From: m brandenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:30:05 +0000 ()

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> Switching to c-ares for resolving won't fix the underlying issue but there's a
> good chance it will avoid it altogether. It's more resource efficient than the
> threaded resolver.

Yes, the threaded resolver is... expensive. But I've also had
the anti-poisoning efforts in c-ares send me debugging bizarre windows
resolution failures that forced moving away from c-ares (in other
products). Currently constrained in the present case to using the
threaded resolver.

Have been wanting to bug the list about this. The 'Big 3' systems
all have async resolver APIs at this point (excluding pre-Win10). Any
interest in integrating these into the lookup scheme in libcurl?

Monty Brandenberg, Software Engineer                               MCB, Inc.