Re: Help building proper debug version libcurl/7.29.0

From: Rainer Canavan via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:57:40 +0100

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 8:51 PM Ali Ahmed via curl-library
<curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I'm trying to build a debug version of libcurl to debug a seg fault issue.
> The version of libcurl on the faulting system is:
> libcurl version libcurl/7.29.0 NSS/3.53.1 zlib/1.2.7 libidn/1.28 libssh2/1.8.0
>
> I have pulled the code from curl code from github and checked out the 7.29.0 tag (bf633a5).

As others have mentioned, you're probably using the libcurl packages
from CentOS or RHEL, and that may be significantly different from what
the stock source code from the curl repository would build. However,
you can simply install the debug info for the packages you have
already installed. If I remember correctly, the solution for centos 7
would simply be

debuginfo-install -y libcurl

For other distribuitions, you may have to explicitly add or enable the
repositories that contain the debug info packages.

regards,

Rainer