Re: Should CURLOPT_READFUNCTION need EOF twice?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:10:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2023, Jiří Hruška via curl-library wrote:

> And it seems fine and intentional. Just slightly weird from the library
> user's perspective to get called again. Yet in line with how fread() would
> behave, and that's ultimately the API here, right?

I don't think this behavior was done on purpose and I think it would benefit
users if we made it not do this. I think it should be sufficient for the
callback to signal the end of the read *once*.

Writing up a test case to reproduce this scenario might take some creativity.
Do you have any special setup that makes this happen more likely than others?

Fixing the code probably requires a better separation between end-of-input and
end-of-upload than what that function does right now.