Re: systemd-resolved support

From: Max Kellermann via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:56:12 +0100

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 1:32 PM Cristian Rodríguez
<cristian_at_rodriguez.im> wrote:
> resolved is designed to be spoken to as a normal dns caching resolver or using dbus.
> I don't believe adding a dbus communication backend will improve your situation.

I think you are not aware that libcurl already sends all its DNS
queries to resolved (via nss_resolve), so my idea doesn't add anything
that isn't already there, it just avoids the NSS API.
(And no, you don't need DBus.)

> What you describe appears to be just a bug that needs analysis..

That was my thought, too, until I did that analysis by reading the
libcurl source code. No, we are both wrong, it's not a bug, it works
as designed. The NSS API simply cannot be canceled. With NSS and the
threaded resolver, it is impossible to fix this problem.