multissl with http3 support only for gnutls

From: Samuel Henrique via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 19:22:14 -0300

Hello everyone,

I maintain curl on Debian and I'm considering enabling both MultiSSL and HTTP3
in the packages we ship.

Right at the beginning I faced an error, which I did not investigate further,
but I believe the issue might be straightforward. So before I do any further
research, I would like to know if the following is even possible.

Is it possible to build with MultiSSL (with openssl and gnutls), having support
for http3 only when gnutls is used?

I'm getting the following error:
vquic/curl_ngtcp2.c:36:10: fatal error: ngtcp2/ngtcp2_crypto_quictls.h: No such file or directory
   36 | #include <ngtcp2/ngtcp2_crypto_quictls.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This indicates that whenever nghttp3 and ngtcp2 are used, the openssl codepath
will look for quictls (which makes sense to me[0]), if this is true, some flag
would be required to force the openssl support to not assume I want to build
with quictls, which would mean I should stop here and only try again when this
feature exists.

[0] The quictls build is done by using the openssl flag, as mentioned in
https://curl.se/docs/http3.html

Regards,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>