RE: [BUG] 8.6.0 Libpsl requirement is not portable

From: Randall via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 10:13:27 -0500

On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 4:57 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Wed, 31 Jan 2024, Randall via curl-library wrote:
>
>> Having a dependency like this, that is not trivially portable leading
>> to security issues in future, is rather problematic, don't you agree?
>
>I don't understand why this library is not "trivially portable". If it
isn't already, I
>figure that's where efforts could be spent.

This primary problem is that NonStop is not really known in the
configuration structure for libpsl. I managed to work through it and
submitted a PR with some changes that would make the code buildable on both
platform variants by a novice (it is also packaged so they can just download
it). As of now, the x86 platform has Curl 8.6.0 with PSL and up to OpenSSL
3.2 available on our site. The ia64 platform is waiting for some root
updates before we can do the same, but that should just be a couple of
weeks.

Regards,
Randall