8.7.1 : client read function EOF fail, only x/y of needed bytes read

From: Matt Barnett via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:05:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All I have noticed a possible issue in 8.7.1... I am using libcurl within Visual Studio 2019 C++ on Win x64 to upload files via SFTP With 8.6.0 all works great but when I compile the same project using libs built against 8.7.1 I see the following error : * client read function EOF fail, only 127391/129435 of needed bytes read Before I upload the file I do output the file_info.st_size to my log and it confirms my local file size as 129435 bytes I think the issue is related to the changes in "file: use xfer buf for file:// transfers [23]" Before I waste anyone's time by raising a bug (and before I investigate myself with my admittedly rusty c skills) I wondered if anyone else was seeing the same? First time post to the list - hope I've followed the rules