Re: Set Response Code for SFTP?

From: Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:54:46 +0200

> On 3. Apr 2024, at 14:49, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2024, Christian Schmitz via curl-library wrote:
>
>> Could this be changed, so SFTP also sets the field?
>
> What is a response code for SFTP?

Well, I would expect to find the error code from the SFTP library, so the application using lib curl could check for these error codes.

In libssh2.c we have sftp_libssh2_strerror function to provide a text for an error.
That error message is based on sftperr, which queries libssh2_sftp_last_error.

So the response code could provide the last error from SFTP library before it switches to state close.
To distinguish a problem uploading a file for whether disk is full, quota exceeded or the file name is invalid without parsing text.

Best regards,
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:
http://www.mbsplugins.de/