Re: Hyper, is it worth it?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:50:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2024, dswij gmail via curl-library wrote:

> I'm just wondering: what's the requirement for Hyper to be an acceptable
> alternative? How much work is left to be done before we achieve that, other
> than the missing HTTP/2 support and the broken tests?

Once we have HTTP/2 support and the currently disabled tests [*] fixed to
work, then I think we can remove the experimental label.

Building curl with Hyper will then still be more limited than when using the
native parser, simply becasue hyper is more limited, but that would a
necessary price - at least for the forseeable time. I'm thinking of RTSP
support, a few options that don't work and its stricter (over-strict if you
ask me) requirements for HTTP header contents etc.

[*] = the ones in tests/data/DISABLED