Re: Catch external CURL calls to a website

From: Jan Stary via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 19:49:14 +0200

On Aug 24 11:15:10, curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se wrote:
> I am managing a high traffic site. I get lots of spams, auto-submitting
> html form on our site.

Does the form have a captcha?

> My question is can I block all external CURL calls to my site
> but allow all internal ones to run.

How are you gonna tell that the client is curl
(and what difference does it make)?

> I use PHP, Apache.

That has nothing to do with it.

> Also, is there any different between a CURL called from PHP versus Python,
> etc.

Not from the server point of view.
A http request is a http request.

> I mean, if a hacker run a CURL from another environment than my
> server, can I still catch it?

I by "catch it" you mean "recognize that it is a curl script
running in this or that environment", then no. Obviously,
the client's environmen has nothing to do with your server.

I don't think your question is a curl question.