Re: Printing the URL in the error messages when --fail is passed?

From: Bhavin Gandhi via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 23:28:58 +0530

On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 at 20:29, Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> This solves the above issue, and I don't think the default behavior needs to
> be changed. Thank you!

I spoke too soon. I agree with Timothe that the current error
message is not that helpful. That exactly was my initial impression, and
I decided to post it here with some potential solutions to solve it.

I came across a couple of similar places in tool_operate.c while reading
the code base. I'm leaving some examples here (not all error messages
will have something but some should have more context):

curl: (23) Failed to truncate file [which file?]
curl: (%d) Failed writing body [where?]

I'm new to curl code, but based on what we decide, I can help in doing
this change.
--
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in