Re: --etag-compare vs. --time-cond

From: Paul Gilmartin via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 07:14:11 -0700

On 3/5/23 06:15:32, Timothe Litt via curl-users wrote:

> It's not the site's fault.  Sending a random validator (one that didn't come from the server) to a server is undefined.

In one case, it was the site. As another test, I passed it the
If-None-Match: it had returned as ETag s few minutes previously and
an antique If-Modified-Since: It nonetheless fetched the resource,
HTTP/1.1 200 OK, returning the *same* ETag value. The same test on
another site properly returned HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified.

--
Thanks again,
gil