Re: Strange connection persistence problem

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:12:18 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023, mab20149_at_tiscalinet.it wrote:

> Moreover, if you have noticed, the header Host field is correct but the GET
> location is not.

That's actually one of the details in this issue that makes me suspect this
problem is perhaps caused by something in your application.

> Are you checking the _URL memory address (pointer) somewhere in the library
> code developing curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, _URL)?

It always copies the URL:

https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/93d092867f0f2c78571983040ef75e078ee1a4c4/lib/setopt.c#L1420-L1432

You can also see that the code is still the same in git master:

https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/d1c2bb3d8d9c68395de815b8217ffb7d2dc795c5/lib/setopt.c#L1433-L1441

Remember that there are quite a few users of libcurl and nobody has reported
this problem before. The issue has to be somewhat more elusive than so.

> I have no better ideas!

That's a reason why it is important to create a test application or other
recipe that can reproduce the problem. Only then can we properly learn what
causes this.