Re: Strange connection persistence problem

From: Max via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:00:44 +0100

Thank you Daniel.

I am using libcurl-7.85.0-12.fc37.x86_64

It is odd that if I do (down in my code) one after the other:
  printf("%s",_URL);
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, _URL);
then printf outputs the correct url content but the following
curl_easy_setopt does not work.

I noticed that due to some compiler optimization _URL although changed
in content is kept starting at the same initial memory address.

Moreover, if you have noticed, the header Host field is correct but the
GET location is not.

Are you checking the _URL memory address (pointer) somewhere in the
library code developing curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, _URL)?

Maybe there is some kind of optimization based on the memory address of
_URL.

I have no better ideas!

Thanks for any clue.