"curldown" for libcurl man pages ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:17:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Writing libcurl documentation has been a bit of an uphill struggle to people
over the years because of how we write the documenation in nroff/man page
format. It is an inconvenient format for editing that is not well known.

Today I finally decided to make an attempt to switch to an easier format.
Easier to write, easier to read, easier to manage. That we still can convert
to man pages (and by extension the HTML versions of those).

Introducing curldown. The text part is meant to look and feel like markdown,
but with less features and there is an added header with meta-data so that we
don't lose anything in the conversion.

I have written first versions of tools that can convert between the two
formats, in both directions. This way we can evaluate, test, try and
experiment a bit with the format before we make a switch - if we decide that
is a good idea.

There is also additional documentation in the PR:

   https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/12730