Re: "curldown" for libcurl man pages ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 23:19:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:

> Maybe you don't know this tool:
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-cli that can probably do 99% of
> what you need.

We use pandoc on the website already for the markdown to HTML conversions. We
also use it for everything curl to render the PDF and ePUB versions.

pandoc handles markdown to nroff conversion excellently for sure. But I'm also
interested in making sure the generated nroff is A) very similar to the one we
already have B) follows some certain styles so that roffit renders them fine
and C) follow the style and syntax we already have numerous test cases verify.

I believe we get more freedom and a much better tooling by not leaning on
pandoc, or scdoc [1] or one of the several other systems that actually already
exist and do almost the same thing =)

[1] = https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/scdoc