Re: Correct way to disable cookies temporarily

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:10:12 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2024, mab20149_at_tiscalinet.it wrote:

> It should be that setting the header as "Cookie;" (the syntax for header
> cancellation) discards all the auto engine cookies for the next connection,
> just as "Accept;" discards Accept: */*

The semicolon version does not really "discard" the header. It sets header
with a blank value.

If you don't want to send any cookies, you presumably don't want to include
such a blank header either. You simply don't want any cookie header at all
used in the request.

I would not mind supporting this, but it cannot be introduced in a way that
would surprise or break use cases for existing users.