Re: libcurl and s3/minio

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:34:39 -0700

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 02:17:10PM -0600, R C via curl-library wrote:
> > >     -H "Host: $URL" \
> > This is seldom needed because curl adds it on its own.
> without it the script doesn't work with minio
[...]
> > >     ${PROTOCOL}://$URL${MINIO_PATH}

I don't know what minio is, but looking at how $URL is used in the second line
it appears to hold a host name, not a URL (it's a confusing name), so curl
should be setting the same thing already. But, I'm just guessing because I
don't know exactly what those variables hold. It can make things more brittle
to add low-level headers that aren't actually needed as when the script is
changed in the future, it can break things. It sounds like these headers are
being cargo-culted in so cleaning them up could save effort in the long term.