Re: libcurl and s3/minio

From: R C via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:16:31 -0600

On 3/26/24 14:34, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:
>>> This is seldom needed because curl adds it on its own.
>> without it the script doesn't work with minio
> [...]
> I don't know what minio is, but looking at how $URL is used in the second line
> it appears to hold a host name, not a URL (it's a confusing name), so curl
> should be setting the same thing already. But, I'm just guessing because I
> don't know exactly what those variables hold. It can make things more brittle
> to add low-level headers that aren't actually needed as when the script is
> changed in the future, it can break things. It sounds like these headers are
> being cargo-culted in so cleaning them up could save effort in the long term.

Minio is an object store,  similar to aws. I found the script somewhere,
it seems to work but not really written 'that well'

The only thing I like about it, is that it works.

btw; you mentioned : "curl versions since 7.75.0 have AWS signature
calculation built-in, with the

--aws-sigv4 option."

is there something similar, a function, in libcurl?

thanks,
Ron