Reproducing the release tarballs

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:29:48 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

In the light of the xz attack, I would like to mention that in order to
reproduce the tarballs I upload for curl release, this is necessary:

- Clone the repo and checkout the release tag

- Install the same set of tools + versions I use

- run "./maketgz [version]"

For the most recent curl release, my toolset that I believe might affect the
results include:

- autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.71
- automake (GNU automake) 1.16.5
- libtoolize (GNU libtool) 2.4.7
- GNU Make 4.3
- perl v5.38.2
- git version 2.43.0

(make, perl and git most probably have very little effect but I figure
including them in the list could be worth it since they are invoked in the
release process)

Any proposals for how to document the exact set of tools+versions I use for
each release in case someone in the future wants to reproduce an ancient
release tarball?