Re: Error downloading message from imap server

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 13:37:26 -0700

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 09:03:59PM +0200, Luis Muņoz Fuente via curl-users wrote:
> I can see the number of messages from an imap server with:
> curl --user "USER:PASSWD" imaps://imap.zoho.com --request "EXAMINE INBOX"
>
> but when I download a message, it works for me a couple of times but then it
> doesn't:
> curl --user "USER:PASSWD" "imaps://imap.zoho.com/INBOX;UID=1"
>
> and it tells me: curl: (78) Remote file not found

What curl version? Are you sure it's not the remote server throttling you
because of too many requests in a short time? ISPs used to restrict the number
of polls for mail you were allowed to do in a short time; I don't know if they
still do but it's quite likely. I'd expect to see a different error message in
that case, though.

Dan