Re: NSS and gskit are getting the axe

From: Timothe Litt <litt_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 18:52:29 -0400

With respect to CI:

While I know little about OS400, Perldoc says that you *can *natively
compile Perl with IBM's Visual Age compiler.   Most CPAN modules are
either pure Perl, portable XS (a bunch of C macros), or provide a pure
Perl alternative.  Whether the tests depend on any exceptions would have
to be investigated.

https://perldoc.perl.org/perlos400

GitHub actions supports self-hosted runners; I don't know what it would
take to port the runner to OS400. https://github.com/actions/runner
reports that the runner is mostly C# (95%), with a little JS (3.5%) and
Shell (1.3%).   If you do and supply a machine (VMs are fine), Actions
can be told to schedule jobs on your runner.  (And export suitable
environment variables.)

FWIW

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer