Strange connection persistence problem

From: Max via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:09:40 +0100

Hello.

I have been using libcurl for several years without hitting any problem
while reusing my existing connection/curl handle (including a mix of
GETS, POSTS, and changing host).

Now I am stuck with this problem. I do a few connection to a server
(which I do not control), the last two being (for auth purposes):

OPTIONS to https://api.desthost.com/v1/pub/auth/web/login?scd=true
POST to https://api.desthost.com/v1/pub/auth/web/login?scd=true
* Re-using existing connection #2 with host api.desthost.com
* Connected to api.desthost.com (NNN.NNN.NNN.176) port 443 (#2)
> POST /v1/pub/auth/web/login?scd=true HTTP/1.1
Host: api.desthost.com
Up to here all is POSTed correctly and an auth reply is obtained.

The following (problematic) step is
GET https://desthost.com/home/landed
* Trying NNN.NNN.NNN.191:443... <<< mapped to different IP
* Connected to desthost.com (NNN.NNN.NNN.191) port 443 (#3)
> GET /v1/pub/auth/web/login?scd=true HTTP/1.1
Host: desthost.com

How comes my GET goes to the previous URL (that of the POST) and not my
new URL?

I am using C++ and a custom wrapper and of course I have checked that I
pass a new string (at a new address to)
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, _URL)
before doing
  curl_easy_perform(curl)

Thank you very much for any help to get me on the right way.
Max