Re: Strange connection persistence problem

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 16:21:21 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023, Max via curl-library wrote:

> The following (problematic) step is
> GET https://desthost.com/home/landed
> * Trying NNN.NNN.NNN.191:443... <<< mapped to different IP
> * Connected to desthost.com (NNN.NNN.NNN.191) port 443 (#3)
>> GET /v1/pub/auth/web/login?scd=true HTTP/1.1
> Host: desthost.com
>
> How comes my GET goes to the previous URL (that of the POST) and not my new
> URL?

Wow. That certainly looks wrong and I have no explanations as to why or how
that can happen. I have never seen anything like that.

This is going to be really hard to do anything about without an example code
that can reproduce the symptoms. If you write something basic doing the same
logical set of requests + methods in a similar series, can you make the
problem happen?

Is this using a modern libcurl version?